Welcome to Marketing Mondays! You can find all the Marketing Mondays posts here.
Last week I decided that I had client emails under control, so I moved on to conquering the pile of receipts begging to be organized. I scheduled time before my first client on Saturday and again on Monday. I think we all know where this is going. It didn't happen. I scheduled a client last minute for Saturday morning and again on Monday. (I took some extra time to polish the October email to my clients.) Upside: I've got more cash in my deposit. Downside: I've still got a pile of receipts to deal with.
I was getting a little stressed on Saturday, thinking about how I was going to catch up. Then I remembered, my niece is looking for some odd jobs. I have an office assistant who can help with the overflow. The deadline for getting receipts organized is not that pressing, and it's not worth stressing about.
Then I went on a ghost tour (it was silly and fun). And a walk in the woods. And bought a pumpkin. And it was good.
I'm proud of myself. I adjusted my goals. I adapted my plan. And I gave myself time to have an adventure. This is an overall win in my world.
Things I did accomplish
- I got a 'last minute appointments' email out to clients Sunday evening and filled up my week.
- I finished my October email to clients and sent it out this morning.
- I replaced the worn out cushion on my massage table with a memory foam topper.
- I placed my order for more sheets and Biofreeze from Massage Warehouse.
- I brought the box '0 file cabinet in from my car.
- Between clients, I cleaned out a few shelves in the messy closet.
- Did I mention the pumpkin?
So, not too shabby.
I would like to keep up with the weekly 'open appointment' emails. I want to touch up my office a bit. We've got a curtain sagging funny and the storage under my massage table is messy. I also need to spend some time
swearing at assembling the new file cabinet. (Although I'm looking for someone to do that for me in trade. We'll see.)
Also, I need to carve that pumpkin.
(This post written over a breakfast sandwich and coffee.)
Possibly Related Posts:
- Marketing Mondays! Travel! Budgets!
- I’m smitten with the Massage Therapy Foundation
- The Dude Abides, and other Thanksgiving Adventures
- Sometimes, just the lack of backslide is progress
- Rhythm, lists, and more goals!